Ms. Salazar’s First Grade Class
Email to contact me: email@example.com
WELCOME TO MS. SALAZAR’S FIRST GRADE CLASS!
- SCHOLASTIC CODE: Rk7PH
STUDENTS MUST COME IN GYM UNIFORM ON MONDAY
Students will go to the HOLIDAY SHOP, WEDNESDAY December 12th at 9:30. If you would like to come and assist your child, please feel free to come along.
BREAKFAST WITH SANTA ON DECEMBER 20TH.
MONEY DUE BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 17TH OR SOONER.
- Please do not have students do ‘check my progress’ pages on math book because I tend to give it to them as quizzes. You may review it with them if you’d like.
FUTURE TEST DATES (PENDING)
Wednesday, December 12th CH. 5 TEST
Plural Noun quiz on Thursday
Social Studies Unit 2: We Belong test December 19th. Study guide will be uploaded soon.
- Starting DECEMBER, I will begin to give weekly reading comprehension tests, based on the readings we do in class. Students will take treasures story home with them over the weekend and be tested on the stories and the skills we have been focusing on that week.
Homework week of 12/10
STAR STILL STAY DRUM DRILL DRAW
Monday: Write words 5 times each. | Math pgs. 195-196 | What are some things you vote for?
Tuesday: Write a sentence for each word. | Study for Math test tomorrow, pg.198
Wednesday: Write words in ABC order. | Plural noun handout | Plural noun quiz tomorrow | Religion pg.84
Thursday: Study for sight word quiz |Practice book pg.76 |Math pg. 204
Friday: Read a book and write the main idea. Draw a picture. | Practice book pg. 70 | Math pg. 208
CHECK OUT WHAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE LEARNING!
Students are wrapping up ch.5 Measurements. We have been discussing different ways to measure the length of things using different units. Students partnered up to see how long they were by first giving an estimate and then seeing their actual length.
Using paper clips
Using playing cards
Please PRACTICE PRE-PRIMER and PRIMER SIGHT WORDS!
- 5 wide- ruled notebooks *NO SPIRAL*
- 6 folders *BLUE, RED, GREEN, YELLOW, ORANGE, and one of your choice (for homework)
- 1 pencil box
- 1 pack of pencils
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box of crayons
- 2 glue sticks *preferably Elmer’s disappearing purple glue stick
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 2 erasers
- 1 sharpener
- 2 packs of index cards (3X5)
- 1 plastic ruler
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- 2 boxes of tissue
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 1 pack of lysol wipes
- 1 roll of Bounty
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- clear contact paper to keep at home – all soft workbooks must be covered as distributed.
These are items that will be shared among the students and will be greatly appreciated, but not required:
- 1 pack of construction paper
- 1 pack of lined paper
- 1 pack of large Ziploc bags
- 1 pack of copy paper
Parent/Student Handbook/Manual del estudiante padre