Ms. Salazar’s First Grade Class
Email to contact me: email@example.com
- SCHOLASTIC CODE: Rk7PH
BRING AT LEAST ONE HARD BOILED EGG FOR STEM PROJECT ON MONDAY! (Or as many as you would like to color. – no more than 4)
Breakfast with Easter bunny April 15 – MONEY DUE APRIL 10TH.
Trip to Green Meadows Farm on May. Money due by APRIL 10!
STUDENTS MUST COME IN GYM UNIFORM ON MONDAY
Students NEED TO COME TO CLASS WITH 2 SHARPENED PENCILS.
FUTURE TEST DATES (Tentative)
Math Ch. 9 Test, Friday April 12th.
Matter Test, April 15th. Review sheet will be up soon.
- Matter Review sheet
Lent quiz APRIL 11TH
Gram And Me Comprehension Test, April 17th.
- Please do not have students do ‘check my progress’ pages on math book because I tend to give it to them as quizzes. You may review it with them if you’d like.
Reading Strategies test. Students will be given a practice test to see the format. Practice test given this week, students will be asked to read as much as they can on their own.
- Exams may change based upon assemblies or events happening, or if I feel as though students are not completely prepared. I apologize for the change in exam dates.
I will upload possible review sheets as soon as possible
Social Studies Review Sheet
Homework Week of 4/15/19
Monday: Reread “Gram and Me”. Answer questions #1-3 on page 59. |Math pg. 379
Tuesday: Study for “Gram and Me” comprehension Test. | Math page 384
Wednesday: Easter Packet. Return after break!
Thursday: NO SCHOOL
Friday: NO SCHOOL
CHECK OUT WHAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE LEARNING!
PLACE VALUE working.
Students worked with a partner to practice their understanding of tens and ones. They used a place value flip book to help guide their understanding.
Students are wrapping up ch.5 Measurements. We have been discussing different ways to measure the length of things using different units. Students partnered up to see how long they were by first giving an estimate and then seeing their actual length.
Using paper clips
Using playing cards
Please PRACTICE PRE-PRIMER and PRIMER SIGHT WORDS!
- 5 wide- ruled notebooks *NO SPIRAL*
- 6 folders *BLUE, RED, GREEN, YELLOW, ORANGE, and one of your choice (for homework)
- 1 pencil box
- 1 pack of pencils
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box of crayons
- 2 glue sticks *preferably Elmer’s disappearing purple glue stick
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 2 erasers
- 1 sharpener
- 2 packs of index cards (3X5)
- 1 plastic ruler
- 1 pack of dry erase markers
- 2 boxes of tissue
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 1 pack of lysol wipes
- 1 roll of Bounty
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- clear contact paper to keep at home – all soft workbooks must be covered as distributed.
These are items that will be shared among the students and will be greatly appreciated, but not required:
- 1 pack of construction paper
- 1 pack of lined paper
- 1 pack of large Ziploc bags
- 1 pack of copy paper
Parent/Student Handbook/Manual del estudiante padre