Welcome to Mrs. Bruno’s 3rd Grade Web-Page!
2020-2021 School Year
WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE web-page! I am enthusiastic and honored to be the third grade teacher at St. Athanasius Catholic Academy.
I aim for each student to be the best that they can be through learning, determination, hard work, compassion, kindness, guidance, prayer, and respect for all. My students become my children and the class becomes a family of God! I will concentrate on creating a positive atmosphere and provide encouragement and support to all. I look forward to creating a productive school year. It will be filled with many diverse learning experiences and endless opportunities for personal, academic, and spiritual growth. Together and with God’s blessings, we will get through any adversity. I look forward to seeing you at school!
To the parents, I say THANK YOU for choosing St. Athanasius Catholic Academy and for valuing the importance of raising your children in our faith. I appreciate and understand your sacrifices. Thank you for your support, I look forward to a fun-filled and memorable school year filled with lots of learning and accomplishments.
Wishing everyone a bright 2021! Praying that this new year will be filled with good health and all of God’s blessings!
Our focus prayers for the month of January
Sign in to Google Classroom and view all information on stream. Google classroom code is 2usswcf
To join a Google class:
- Click on the following link: https://classroom.google.com/c/MTU5MjQ0MzUxNTU0?cjc=2usswcf
- Go to Google.com and click on the Google Apps icon.
- Click on the Google Classroom icon
- Once in Google Classroom, click on the + in the top right corner
- Click on Join Class
Type in the following code: 2usswcf
Please watch the link below to help you learn how to submit assignments through Google Classroom. All assignments need to be submitted through Google Classroom. I hope this helps.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+can+a+student+attach+files+and+turn+in+google+classroom&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS892US892&oq=how+can+a+student+attach+files+and+turn+in+google+classroom&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.24529j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_VQl1XonNKcqxytMPxPalgA026Mission money ($1 or more) will be collected on the first Monday of each month. Please put your donation in an envelope with your child’s name and mission money written on the outside of the envelope. Thank you, in advance, for your generosity. When we come together we can do great works of kindness.
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
I know there are many new procedures that we are all getting used to, but I am confident we will continue to do our best and transition with ease as needed. Mrs. Competello regularly posts updates through Option-C, and to our school web-page, so please make sure you check regularly for updates. All classroom homework and notices will be posted on Google Classroom, so please check it every day.
Let’s keep the faith and our positivism strong. Please know that there is always a smile behind my mask and your child’s well being is my first priority. Remember, I am always an email away!
Mrs. Loredana Bruno
Calendar for January – Important dates to remember:
1/8/21 Friday Early Dismissal at 12:30, no lunch. Please eat a hearty breakfast and bring in your water.
1/15/21 Friday, No School – Teacher’s Professional Development Day
1/18/21 Monday- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No School.
Please keep our prayer circle active by praying the prayer by Pope Francis to our Blessed Mother at 9 am, and 3 and 7 pm. Continue to strengthen your connection to your faith. Say your daily prayers and Keep the Kingdom of God alive through your actions.
Let us embrace the mission of Mother Teresa, during these trying times, the Saint of the Sick and Suffering, and turn to our faith and to her for inspiration and guidance. . .
Mother Teresa’s quote connects with my thoughts on teaching through our faith in a Catholic academy such as St. A’s 🙂 ♥
Help us support our school and raise money for our children’s education!
If you are an Amazon customer sign onto www.Amazonsmile.com and add us to your Charity so that we can raise money for our school. Amazon will give us a 0.5% of the price you spend for our children.
Box Tops for Education will be collected. Send boxtops glued or taped to collection sheets or in ziplock bags(25 box tops/bag). Bonus boxtops should not be put on collection sheets. Sign up with Shoprite Supermarket (https://shopriteformyschool.com) to get added bonuses for our school.
St. Athanasius Sports Program
Boys & Girls ages 4 to 14
Student’s Supplies: Please be sure to label all with the student’s name. Please note that supplies can be brought in a little at a time during the first week of school. Thank You!!
- 9 – composition notebooks (100 pages) Please label each with subject and name. (Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading/ELA, Religion, Spelling/Vocabulary, Writing/Journal, Reading Log, and Homework)
- 2 – folders labeled, (Homework/Notices, and Scholastic)
- 1 – boxes of No. 2 pencils – at least 5 sharpened daily.
- pencil sharpener
- 1 – crayons (24 pack)
- 1 – box of washable thin markers and/or colored pencils
- 1 – child-sized scissors
- 1 glue sticks
- 1 – 12-inch ruler (no metal)
- 1 – soft pencil case (no hard plastic boxes or metal cases will be permitted)
- 2 – Independent Chapter Reading Books
- 1 – package of loose leaf paper (wide ruled with margin)
- 1 – highlighter
- 1 – black sharpie
- 1 – package of Expo dry eraser markers, black and or multi-color.
- 4 large stretch book covers for textbooks.
- 1 pack of lined index cards
- 1 pack of sticky notes (large size)
- Face mask, individual-sized hand sanitizer, pocket-size tissues, sanitizing wipes, water bottle with lockable snap lid, (these personal items will be at student’s own desk).
*Please be sure to label all items with the student’s name since no sharing will be permitted. *
- 1- boxes of tissues
- 1 hand sanitizer large
- 1 roll of bounty paper towels
- 1 – package of baby wipes
- 1 large – Clorox/Lysol disinfectant wipes
- 1 Lysol disinfectant air spray
- 1 box gallon size ziplock bags (if the last name begins A-K)
- 1 box sandwich size ziplock bags (if the last name begins L-Z)
- 1 ream of white copy/printing paper
- 1HP #61 printer cartridge 1black and/or 1 color (optional wish list :)
- 1 roll of clear contact paper to cover soft workbooks only, all workbooks must be covered.
- 1 box of envelopes (letter size white)
- 1 – package of loose leaf paper (wide ruled with margin)
- index cards
- 1 – ruler
- Construction paper
- Pencils, crayons, washable markers
- Oak tag
Please note that the above-listed supplies will be continuously used throughout the school year and may need to be replenished if requested. I thank you so much!