All children, Grades Kindergarten – 8 are required to be in uniform. Unless a child has a note explaining the reason for not being in full uniform, a parent will be notitied and requested to bring the necessary item.
Wearing uniforms presupposes and reinforces certain standards. Make-up, nail polish, and certain hair styles are not permitted. (No hair dying, no “tails,” no shaving of heads, no symbols or uneven haircuts.)
Appropriate jewelry includes small post earrings (one per ear), religious medals, a ring, a small chain. Hoop earrings must be small. They should hug the earlobe. No earrings are permitted for boys.
The school uniform for Grades K- 8 is as follows:
– Blue uniform slacks
– Black or navy belt
– School Tie
– Blue, Black or white socks (dress or crew, no quarter socks
– Uniform Shoes
– School sweatshirt or school sweater (worn to school then removed, unless the building is extremely cold.
– Jumper or skirt/vest, bolero or v-neck sweater vest. Blue, white or yellow blouse
– Grades K-5: blue, black or white anklets or knee socks, black or navy tights. No quarter socks.
– Grades 6-8: blue or black knee socks, blue or black tights, no quarter socks.
– Girls should wear either tights or socks, not both.
– Uniform Shoes
– School sweatshirt or school sweater (worn to school then removed, unless the building is extremely cold)
– School uniform pants K-8
– Uniform for boys and girls
– Goldenrod Shirt
– Blue shorts *Nov. – March, navy sweat pants may be worn (elastic at the ankle).
– Crew socks
– All students are to come to school dressed for gym on the days they have gym.
May 1 – Oct. 15th
– The boys may wear a school golf shirt. Dress shirts without ties are not permitted.
– The girls may wear a golf shirt.
– Both may wear school uniform shorts (Gr. K – 8)
As part of their school uniform, the boys and girls are permitted to wear school sweaters. As part of their gym uniform, students are permitted to wear school sweatshirts and on gym days. Any other sweaters or sweatshirts must be taken off and hung in the wardrobe closet.